Introduction to Zones
Zones give you the flexibility to create different price points for different positions in a waterfall. AppLovin optimizes each Zone, and thereby maximizes your overall revenue.
You can create Zones at AppDiscovery > Monetization > Manage > Zones in your AppLovin dashboard. You can choose to set CPM values per Zones (if your account has the permission to do so). You integrate Zones differently for different mediation partners; you can find details in the MAX Integration Guide.
- Create at least three different Zones for your advertising waterfall:
- Place a high-priced Zone at the top position of your waterfall. If you know the value of your existing first fill provider, set the Zone value at least $1 higher. AppLovin will typically serve ads with the strongest value (e.g. brand advertising) in this Zone.
- Place a mid-priced Zone right above your highest fill provider nearest to the middle of your waterfall.
- Place a backfill Zone with a low CPM price right above your highest fill provider closest to the bottom of your waterfall. You can also experiment with setting this Zone’s price to “Optimized by AppLovin” in order to maximize fill and ensure you are not losing impression volume across all ad providers.
- If you already have several price points in your waterfall from other ad providers, experiment with creating more than three AppLovin Zones and placing each above your existing highest fill positions.
A Zone should receive a significant amount of request volume in order to properly optimize and maximize your revenue.
If you have any questions regarding Zones, please open a support ticket at our Developer Support portal.